EG Launcher - Worst software I've seen in quite a while

Wow. The Epic Game Launcher really sucks in multiple regards:

1. Installation problem

The Launcher was installed on my system ages ago.
Back when I still had a drive D:
Drive D: is long gone, as is the Launcher.

Today I downloaded the Launcher Setup.exe to install it again.
When I tried to start the setup, it only told me "Invalid drive D:" and ended the setup process.

I tried removing it from the Windows list of installed applications (Apps & features).
Did not work.

I went to the registry and removed every key related to “Epic Games” and “EpicGames”.
Did not help either: When starting setup, same message, abort.

I tried removing all entries matching “Epic Games” and “EpicGames” from the WIndows Registry.
No success.

So I mounted another drive (X:) back to D:, ran setup again.
Finally this time I could install it, but ONLY to “D:\Epic Games”.
I could NOT select another location.

So I installed it, then uninstalled it, and only THEN I could install it in the location I wanted.

So, in this old-■■■ piece of setup software, please catch that “invalid drive” exception and do not abort, but let me choose another installation location. This would make a lots of things easier.

1. Installation ugliness

When selecting the installation location, the dialogs you’re using are really outdated; Windows ME style.

Please update to a newer, also more user-friendly interface.
Windows API offers multiple newer dialogues.

1. Game download and installation is werd.

a) Download Indicator
While downloading, the indicators show completely wrong numbers:
Download only shows about 50% of the download rate I actually have (my connection speed, windows Task Manager and Windows Resource Monitor all show the same values).

b) Hard drive write speed indicator
The disk write speed shows numbers in the 200-500 MB/s, while it actually is only ~5 MB/s.
(Again vs experience, Task Manager, Resource Manager)
Completely off.

c) Downloading is busy wait
Anyone who knows a bit about how to handle TCP sockets for downloading knows how to use blocking I/O.
Why don’t you?
Why does the thread go 100% core use?

That’s all for now. But I’m surely expecting more BS to come my way when game setup starts…

Steam could be 25% faster in disk I/O operations, and update their stupid file patching mechanisms;
Ubisoft Connect is just bad in so many regards;
So why do YOU guys aim for the worst, and not the best?
The problems above have all quite easy fixes, go for it :wink: