Editor viewport freeze while pressing the mouse button

When user presses any mouse button outside of the viewport window the viewport window freezes until the user releases the button is there any way how to prevent this behavior? I have created custom editor utility widget and add 2D slider to it that controls movement of an object but when I hold the mouse button it freezes the the viewport so it can not see the change until I release the button. Is there any way how to achieve updating the viewport while holding mouse button?

332816-viewport-freeze.gif

I have found a solution just call “Editor Invalidate Viewports” node when there is a change and it is working. Sadly there is no documentation for this particular node.

Hello, can you please share your node setup on how to call “Editor Invalidate Viewports”?
I am having the same issue, I’m tring to make an Editor Widget for some Live Events and the flaw is that when I click something everything hang while I click, so it is for the video outputs and that make it useless in production.

1 Like

I know it’s probably a late answer for you, but if anyone has this or a similar issue, try console command: Slate.bAllowThrottling 0 . By default, it’s set to 1, and the editor not freezing viewport only when you finish “play in selected viewport” (not pie or standalone). With 0 zero value, the editor UI is always updating, and viewport too, even when you press or drag with mouse buttons. “Editor Invalidate Viewports” node did not help, hope this one does

2 Likes