I’m trying to make an editor utility component that I use on a blueprint and it will get all the static mesh components inside it and replace them with my own static mesh component that has variables etc.
The issue I’m having is being unable to access the Blueprint itself. First I reparent the blueprint to my own actor i made and when i try to cast to that blueprint the cast fails. This is my first time using the utility Stuff so i hope im just missing something but any help is appreciated.
I am not sure if I have heard about Editor Utility Component before. You should create an Asset Action Utility. And make sure to enable the Is Action for Blueprints option if you want to modify a Blueprint asset.
Sorry i meant Asset action utility my bad, ive enabled that setting but im not sure what it does. do you know how i can edit the blueprint and make it so the cast shown above works?
Technically, the class of your asset is a Blueprint, not the type you defined, which is called a generated class. The engine handles Blueprint assets differently through the subobject system.
You can edit a Blueprint asset this way, then. Please don’t forget to mark it as the answer to the topic