So I was trying to get my map generator to work in event graph after pasting it over from construction script when I ran into an interesting event:
I had EventBeginPlay plugged into SpawnActor but it wasn’t generating when I hit play. Then I dropped my blueprint into the level and hit play, which froze unreal editor. I let it sit for about 5 minutes thinking maybe it would load up. When it didn’t, I was going to end the program with task manager when I noticed it was using 14GB of memory. It drifted +/-100MB but generally stayed the same.
Somehow I didn’t notice a slowdown with Chrome or Windows in general with 1.5GB of ram left.
When I reloaded the editor I plugged EventBeginPlay back into my sequence and dropped it into the world. When I hit play, it worked fine.