Editor unusable on RTX3090 & AMDTR3990X

—SOLUTION–

Disable MPO using registry file at this [link][1].
Below are troubleshooting steps as described by Jenkins Gage. Big ups!

1.Try to disable MPO by referring to this [link][2]

2.If step 1 doesn’t work, try to have a clean install of nvidia driver 460.89

3.If step 2 doesn’t work, try to run editor in opengl by adding an option -opengl4 to the launch command

4.Check if your card is running in PCIE3.0

----ORIGINAL PROBLEM----

Recently splurged on a TR3990X and ASU TUF RTX 3090, but the editor performs worse than my old PC w/ GTX 960. Even with a blank project, UE 4.26 hangs at 45% on initialization, then 20 sec later when the editor is loaded the whole screen steadily jitters every 1 second and the entire PC slows to a crawl, seeming like the GPU not being utilized? FPS around 14-20. Screenshot of specs attached.

Runs Cyberpunk2077, Houdini, Blender, and dozens of other programs beautifully, but UE 4.26 is unusable. PC is usable again after closing UE.

Steps I tried:

• Uninstalled/Reinstalled NVIDIA Studio Drivers ver 461.72.
  • Update to latest Windows 10 ver 20H2 Build 19042.804
  • Uninstall/Reinstall UE 4.26.1
  • Searched forums/stackexchange for similar issue, trying to tweak driver/project/editor settings to optimize performance, etc

No improvement. Mind boggled. Would appreciate any help.
Van

I am having the exact same issue, i have co workers with a 1080ti that are getting higher fps then I am I have no clue whats going on

Disabling the MPO in step 1 alone entirely fixed the issue! Cranking at 120fps now. You’re amazing Jenkins Gage!

One thing that I noticed is that I started to have problems with the editor after updating my windows to this 20H2 build. Before this, everything was running smoothly. The issue I’m facing is the editor not rendering windows such as when you right-click on the editor to add a node to the blueprint. Already tried step 1, now I’m gonna try step 2 and 3. I find step 4 unacceptable as a solution (I have a 3090 and PCI 4.0… having to go back to 3.0 is ridiculous and frustrating).

1.Try to disable MPO by referring to this link
2.If step 1 doesn’t work, try to have a clean install of nvidia driver 460.89
3.If step 2 doesn’t work, try to run editor in opengl by adding an option -opengl4 to the launch command
4.Check if your card is running in PCIE3.0