Editor Scripting Tools Plugin

Hello everyone !

• What is Editor Scripting Tools Plugin ?

Editor Scripting Tools is an editor plugin providing a set of tools and utilities allowing Blueprint users to extend and customize some part the unreal editor without the need of using C++.

• Utilities Blueprints & Assets

Enjoy !

Thank you so much for this plugin! I’ve been waiting months to try it out!

Same here, thank you very much! It looks very promising. I already know where i am going to use that thumbnails feature!
And if i can ask, is it possible to spawn asset thumbnail widgets? i tried to populate horizontal box with them, and i could not figure out how to spawn widget of that type.
How do you use ‘Editor user defined actions’ ?
Again, thank you for the plugin!!

• For User Defined Actions , you can check “SelectedActorMover_WG” , one thing to keep in mind , for example if you use “Delete” key in your tool , the editor delete action will be executed too.

• As simple way to do that is to create an “EditorUserWidget” to host an “AssetThumbailWidget” like this :

• AssetThumbnail_WG

• MyUtility_WG

Thanks for the ‘defined actions’ tip, i am going to look at it soon.
But the widget creation doesn’t work. In the drop down menu, there is no entry to select ‘AssetThumbnail_WG’. Any hint on what i am doing wrong?
(more info: I am testing this in clean, empty project, i have Engine and Plugin content visible in the Content browser.)

You need to create a “EditorUserWidget” and add a “AssetThumbnailWigdet” to it , like in the second screenshot

Ah! I feel properly stupid :smiley:
Thank you!!

Unfortunately CB extensions are not handled by this plugin.

Kudos for making this. It looks very impressive. I have made struct detail customizations before, and I want to ask? Can this plugin create a detail customization only for BP created structs, or for c++ defined structs as well?

Nope , struct customization is not supported at the moment !

Update :
Added new tools samples

2 Likes

Any chance this will be updated for 5.1 or is this unsupported these days?