Editor Menus and UI Effects in UE 5.3.2 extremely delayed

Hello everyone,

After a long time I decided to start using and learning Unreal again and am following a tutorial on Udemy. So far everything works as intended. However, the one thing which is getting more and more annoying is the fact that everything which has to do with the UI in the editor is simply slow and delayed as you can see in the following video.

I am pretty sure that this can not be my systems fault as a i9 14900 and a 4070 should me more than capable to do simple things as this, especially since everything else is working just fine (lighting, physics etc.).

Is there a hidden setting somewhere which causes these annoying hover animations?

Ok so to be sure I just checked it with UE4.27.2 and there was not lag in the UI.
This seems to only happen in UE5.3.2 (I did not test the earlier UE5 versions). I would really appreciate any feedback on this.

Edit: Tested 5.2.1 and it has the same lag as 5.3.2.

I finally found the solution myself. Here is the link to another (more responsive) forum I was in: Incredible UI lag in UE5.3.2 - #13 by Ayhan_Sakarya - Ask - GameDev.tv

TLDR: I uninstalled the software called “RivaTuner Statistics Server” and the UE editor suddenly worked like a charm.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.