Download

Editor looking for armv7-es2.apk instead of armv7-es31.apk

I installed AndroidWorks, created a test project, connected a mobile device to use and hit Launch to device from the editor.

I turned off es2 and turned on es3+aep in the project’s settings before hitting launch.

After a long compilation time I am getting the following error:

LogPlayLevel: UEDeployAndroid.WriteJavaDownloadSupportFiles:
LogPlayLevel: ==== Template target file up to date so not writing. ====
LogPlayLevel: Building Java with SDK API level 'android-21'
LogPlayLevel: UEDeployAndroid.MakeApk: Output .apk file(s) are up to date (dependencies and build settings are up to date)
LogPlayLevel: W/asset   ( 5608): Asset path C:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Projects\MobileTest2\Binaries/Android\MobileTest2-armv7-es2.apk is neither a directory nor file (type=1).
LogPlayLevel: ERROR: dump failed because assets could not be loaded
LogPlayLevel: InternalUtils.SafeFileExists: SafeFileExists C:
vpack\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe=True
LogPlayLevel: CommandUtils.Run: Run: C:
vpack\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb.exe -s R32D100X0EY shell "echo $EXTERNAL_STORAGE"
LogPlayLevel: CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 0.0590399s to run adb.exe, ExitCode=0
LogPlayLevel: W/asset   ( 5776): Asset path C:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Projects\MobileTest2\Binaries/Android\MobileTest2-armv7-es2.apk is neither a directory nor file (type=1).
LogPlayLevel: ERROR: dump failed because assets could not be loaded
LogPlayLevel: ErrorReporter.Error: ERROR: AutomationTool error: Failed to get package name from C:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Projects\MobileTest2\Binaries/Android\MobileTest2-armv7-es2.apk
LogPlayLevel: BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in Android.Automation: Failed to get package name from C:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Projects\MobileTest2\Binaries/Android\MobileTest2-armv7-es2.apk
LogPlayLevel: Stacktrace:    at AndroidPlatform.GetFinalObbName(String ApkName)
LogPlayLevel:    at AndroidPlatform.GetDeviceObbName(String ApkName)
LogPlayLevel:    at AndroidPlatform.Deploy(ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC)
LogPlayLevel:    at Project.Deploy(ProjectParams Params)
LogPlayLevel:    at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
LogPlayLevel:    at BuildCommand.Execute()
LogPlayLevel:    at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
LogPlayLevel:    at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String] CommandLine)
LogPlayLevel:    at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
LogPlayLevel:    at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param)
LogPlayLevel:    at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: Failed to get package name from C:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Projects\MobileTest2\Binaries/Android\MobileTest2-armv7-es2.apk
LogPlayLevel: ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=51
LogPlayLevel: Domain_ProcessExit
LogPlayLevel: ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
LogPlayLevel: AutomationToolLauncher exiting with ExitCode=51
LogPlayLevel: copying UAT log files...
LogPlayLevel: RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Deploy Task, Time: 42.174161
LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED

I’ve highlighted the problem in red it is looking for the wrong file name. It should look for MobileTest2-armv7-es31.apk instead it is looking for MobileTest2-armv7-es2.apk. If I open that folder sure enough the correct apk is right there:

C:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Projects\MobileTest2\Binaries\Android\MobileTest2-armv7-es31.apk
C:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Projects\MobileTest2\Binaries\Android\MobileTest2-armv7-es31.so

So the build was successful it is just looking for the wrong file name to deploy to the device. How can I fix this? It is almost working, I don’t know enough about the build/deploy process to fix this … Please help.

Hi Waves,

Which device are you testing on? During launch-on the editor checks to make sure the device supports ES 3.1 + AEP to determine the filename of the APK. It will look for es2 if it does not find support for 2 OpenGL extensions:

*GL_ANDROID_extension_pack_es31a
GL_EXT_color_buffer_half_float
The Nexus 9 and Shield Tablet both supports these and launch-on works for me. You can try packaging for Android (either DXT or ASTC) and see if this works on the device; this doesn’t check the device plugged in for capabilities.

You can check the extensions supported by running the following command:

adb shell dumpsys SurfaceFlinger

Hi,
I can’t deploy to Nexus 9.What can i do?I’ve posted question https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/232791/deploy-to-nexus-9-i-get-a-red-screen.html
I am newbie.Thx.

Hey Pafupafu,

I have taken your question from AnswerHub and will be reviewing the information shortly. Please continue to track the AnswerHub post.

Thanks!