Editor Layout Problems

Since i converted a project to 5.4 unreal always loads a particular layout on startup. I can change it under Edit/Load and Save Layout.

But I need to do this each time when I reopen the project is there a way to set a default editor layout for a project?

Or is there an option which tells unreal to use the last layout which was set in a file on reopen?

Same problem here.
I switched from 5.3 to 5.4 and now it always open a floating “content” windows and don’t keep my user layout.

Anybody any idea?

I have now the same problem on 5.3 project, so it’s maybe a “common” Layout file in “C:\Users\YourNamel\AppData\Local\UnrealEngine\Common” but my quick test didn’t succeed.
It’s no a stopping problem for me yet, but if I find something I’ll let you know.

I have a clean install (a whole different machine) of 5.4.1 and i got the same layout issues. Also the “recent projects” stays empty.

On my old machine in 5.3 no problems with layout changes.

Could it be a bug? Or maybe a folderrights thing?

I think Its definitively a bug, but as we are only three complaining, maybe there is something specific with our installation ?
I’m on Windows 10 x64 and I have unreal installation since 4.27 then 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4

Same issue here, with the floating content window. I built 5.4 from source, rebuilding didn’t fix it. It’s pretty annoying when you have to make code changes often and reopen the editor with a broken layout every time.