Editor hangs when trying to import tiles in World Composition in 4.26

Hi.
I have a tiled map I built in World Machine. I create a new project in UE, enable World Composition and rebasing (tried it without rebasing as well), go to “Import tiled build”, select my tiles, add some landscape material (this is key), and hit import.

In 4.25, the Engine starts importing my tiles, and sometime later, everything’s imported and works as expected.

When I do it in 4.26, the editor just hangs. It just imports the first tile (I can see it in the tiles folder in the engine), and pretty much stops. I waited for an hour just to be sure, and yeah it just hangs there.

It only happens in 4.26, and only if I do my import with a landscape. I tried different landscape materials, and the same result. If I just import the heightmap without selecting a landscape material, it works as expected.

Anybody experiences this?

Same here. I tried importing with splatmaps and landscape material - doesn’t work. Importing just tiled heightmap works, but without splatmaps it’s pointless.

Any solution to this?

Actually it appears to be working after creating very basic landscape material with 4 layers and just base color constant applied to it. At least it appears to successfully import my 37*37 tiled world composition with 4 splatmaps. - I confirmed it’s working after loading a bunch of random tiles on the map.

There’s a bunch of bugs that would take to long to describe in a comment, but after a bunch of engine restarts it works!

But I presume it doesn’t really “fix” it, right? Just for that small material?

I’m also getting hit with this. Specifically it seems to struggle with reading the weightmaps. If you add a texture with no weightmaps its fine.

Same issue here.
Any fixes?