Editor hangs after displaying model window for asset creation

Hi I posted a lengthy bug report (https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/354038/mac-editor-crash-on-various-asset-creation.html) for a bunch of crashes on asset creation, these are also similar but tend to hang the editor instead of outright crashing so I thought maybe I should post these as separate issues.

On OS X 10.11.2 running UE 4.10.1 and 4.11p1 I consistently get editor hangs when creating certain assets which cause a modal window to be displayed.

This is perhaps related to trying to render the All Classes categories.

From the Content Browser creating:

• User Interface → Slate Widget Style
  • Miscellaneous → Curve
  • Miscellaneous → Data Asset

Also the editor will always hang in a project after the following procedure:

• Create a Blueprint class from the Content Browser with a Parent class Listed under the ‘All Classes’ section.
  • Try and create a new Blueprint class via the Content Browser.
  • At this point it will always hang the editor for that project anytime the window is displayed to select a parent class.

The hang does not happen If the prior Blueprint class happens to be one of the Common Classes. So it seems to be an issue creating that window and attempting to display the All Classes items.

Hi ,

As I have asked in the question that you have linked above:

Do all the instances occur in a Blank project? If you have not done so, please try in a Blank Third Person Blueprint project and a Blank Third Person C++ project.

Also please provide the complete system specs for both Macs you are having this problem on:

You can find this in the Apple menu >About This Mac>More Info> Add the information from this window (serial # not necessary).

Thank you,

Hi ,

I do see the same issues on various project including blank projects, non-blank, C++, etc. projects. Seems to be a general issue with the editor on my systems when displaying the UI for those specific types of asset types.

I have posted screen shots of my system specs in the other referenced question.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps I’ve listed on your post regarding crashing and let us know if any of these things help alleviate the issue:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/354038/mac-editor-crash-on-various-asset-creation.html#answer-357297

Hi ,

This issue is being addressed under the same bug report JIRA [UE-25362] generated from your other AnswerHub Post:

Mac editor crash on various asset creation

Therefore, we are closing this issue as “resolved” for tracking purposes.

Thanks,