Editor Freezing When Submitting To Perforce

Accidentally deleted last post

I’m currently experimenting with Perforce hosted locally on my machine, just to get familiar with it and to test if it’d be suitable to move my team across to from GitHub. Never used Perforce before today.

I’ve set up a server on my machine, following the Unreal documentation for it, and so far it seems to be working, apart from one issue. Whenever I make a change and attempt to submit the changes using the revision control button in the bottom right of the editor, it submits my changes, but then the submit changes window closes and the editor freezes. The changes have correctly submited to Perforce, I can see them in my history on P4V.

Not sure how to fix this, I have tried clean reinstalling graphics drivers as I found posted here, and I have made sure I’ve got enough spare space on my PC. Not sure what else to do to fix this. Any help would be appreciated.

And I’m running 5.2.1, if that helps

hi,
New Perforce user here. I am having the same experience as well. The ‘’ Submit Content” button will casue the editor to freeze. However, somehow I figured out that it will be fine if I do “Submitt Changelist…” using the View Changes window. This way the editor won’t freeze and will work as normal.

I am so confused at the moment because both Submit Content and Submitt Changelist have slightly different pop up windows. one without validation checked while the other does.