Editor freezing regularly

Hi,

UE4 is an awesome engine, the editor is great and the UX good as well, but regular editor freezing are driving me crazy.

My system is average, with an i5 4590, 16 Gigs of RAM, and a Samsung SSD 850 EVO, but every time I drag/click an asset, especially if it’s new on this editor version, or when I open terrain tab, I have to wait like ten minutes it finishes to load the asset. I think I spent actually more time in my browser switching tabs out of boredom or watching vids than using the editor.

I know, those contains Kite Demo assets which are used, you can’t skip it, but please:

• Make shader compilation cancelable/pausable
  • Make anything that may freeze the UI run in the background, and maybe display a loading indicator that does not block the user from doing something else in the editor (like if I drag a shader, it would be cool if it displayed a loading indicator in the thumb until it’s loaded)

Thanks in advance

Loading any of the Kite Demo assets is very slow because of how much data there is. Also, your system doesn’t have a good GPU which can also be an issue.

I have a GTX 970 which is an slightly above average GPU I’d say

Hi vinz243,

Please post this to the answerhub in the bug reports section (link in signature) so we can assist you more in depth.

[=vinz243;474992]
I have a GTX 970 which is an slightly above average GPU I’d say
[/]

You hadn’t said that so I assumed you were using the Intel GPU
Still, even with that, the Kite demo assets take a very long time to load.