Editor FPS locked to 60

I’ve seen several other threads on the subject, but the usual tricks don’t seem to help me.

I am on a 240hz display, so it cannot be vsync (and it’s off anyhow, at least according to the editor settings).

I tried setting t.MaxFPS to higher values but it had no effect

I tried enabling smooth framerate but it too had no effect, same with fixed framerate.

These are the settings i’ve tried.

[/Script/Engine.Engine]
+ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName="TP_ThirdPersonBP",NewGameName="/Script/Teste")
+ActiveGameNameRedirects=(OldGameName="/Script/TP_ThirdPersonBP",NewGameName="/Script/Teste")
bSmoothFrameRate=True
SmoothedFrameRateRange=(LowerBound=(Type=Exclusive,Value=60.000000),UpperBound=(Type=Exclusive,Value=200.000000))
bUseFixedFrameRate=True
FixedFrameRate=240.000000

[/Script/LuminRuntimeSettings.LuminRuntimeSettings]
FrameTimingHint=FPS_240

Nevermind helping, the fixed framerate setting actually makes the play-in-editor gameplay happen in slowmotion, the higher i set it, the slower all anims are.

It’s the same on both my igpu (radeon 680m) and my dgpu (3070-ti) so it doesn’t seem like it’s drivers either, and other software runs at 240fps just fine.

What else could it be?

1 Like

This is truly a problem that still has no answers.
I noticed that you can increase the frame rate to 120 simply by minimizing the editor window and expanding it back to full screen.
I don’t understand what this is connected with.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

yeah i’ve noticed sometimes i tab in and out of it, or switch TTYs and it seems completely random whether i get 60fps, unlocked fps or sub-60fps (last one’s always a bit of a head scratcher, cuz they’re happening under the same conditions where i would sometimes get over 100fps pretty easily)

Wonder if it behaves like this on windows as well.

If not, i suspect this might have something to do with SDL, in the most recent binary releases of UE they don’t compile it right so there’s no wayland support, maybe this is just another issue from a wrong setting during SDL compilation.