I’m getting crashes on a new prototype, I’ve been working on it for only 20 minutes.
The project is attached within this report, to reproduce, play in the editor wait few seconds and stop, on stopping the editor crashes, at least for me.
Driving the value of the variable ‘Radius’ on JewelGameMode blueprint to < 30 or > 80 stops the crashes.
I am currently working on reproducing this issue, and I will get back to you once I have more information. So far, I’ve recreated your setup in a clean project and gotten the crash to occur, but I’m not sure what exactly is causing it as of yet.
Can you attempt to create a simple physics constraint setup similar to what you have, and see if you can get the crash to occur in a clean project? We’ll need to attempt to isolate the issue in order to figure out what the exact cause could be.
I’ll see what I can do, thank you.
I found the problem, the loop wasn’t checking if the Actor is Equal so it was constraining a actor on it self. There is a image below showing the fix.
This doesn’t sound like a must-fix bug, but I isolated the problem on a ThirdPersonTemplate just in case. The project is attached here and play/stop should crash the editor.
- The blueprint name is “crash” and it is spawned in the level blueprint.
- The mesh is a BSP converted into mesh.
- If you delete the static mesh on the actor it won’t crash.
- If you swap the static mesh with the box collision (to be the root), won’t crash.
- In the LevelBP, if change the RandomFloatInRange to 10-20, won’t crash.
- If you disconnect “SetConstrainedComponents” on the “crash” blueprint, won’t crash.
Project File: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10441081/JewelCrash_V4.zip
I have entered a bug report for this issue (UE-25774). Thank you for your report. I will provide updates on this issue as they become available.
Have a great day