editor crashing randomly

edit: I checked my task manager and my cpu use % is at 100. I recently installed mcafee anti-virus and it might be the reason. I will look for whatever else is slowing it down.

I am having trouble with the editor. I could open up the SlayAnimation setup once. It was running a little choppy. Other than that every time I go into the editor it either freezes during shader compiling or it just crashes and complains about my gpu and something about a d3d device being removed.
I have read multiple posts about it crashing but haven’t found a solution yet. Does anyone know how to fix this?

First step is posting here your hardware specs. And uninstall that known resource hog mcafee.

You also may get microsoft`s “sysinternals suite” or proces explorer and autoruns from there. And see in autoruns app what is loading on startup (DO NOT kill those processes unless you know what are you doing). There may be something like backdoor or adware running on your PC. Just do not panic, and dont kill random stuff.

edit: it says system idle process 80%. in process explorer it doesnt show that big number, it says it is using much less than in the task manager

here is my system info.
i am not able to obtain any new anti-virus software yet so i might have to work offline and disable it.
i will look into the apps you have mentioned.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name MSI
System Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
System Model GE72VR 7RF
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 179B.3
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. E179BIMS.309, 4/19/2017
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product MS-179B
BaseBoard Version REV:1.0
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = 10.0.19041.1503
User Name MSI\nest1
Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 10.3 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.6 GB
Available Virtual Memory 11.6 GB
Page File Space 2.73 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

So this is laptop:

IT may be simple case of overheating from all dust inside.

If you did not clean dust yet, either get it to some repair shop to clean it, or google how open your laptop and dust it off with compressed air.

Also that mcafee may be reason CPU goes to 100%, and that may trigger CPU overheating and crash.

Bottom line is that (if you did not d o it yet) your laptop needs cleaning inside. This is something you should do, cheapest option and it has good chance to be reason.

if that is all it is i should be fine. i will report back after i get the laptop cleaned. Thanks!

edit: the laptop has been gettingreally hot so it is probably dust like you mentioned.

Yup probably this, they should add “dusting off” every 12 months to guaranty, just like cars have with oil check/replacement.

i decided to just buy a new pc since that one was 4 years old anyways. aside from the launcher taking forever to start the first time around after booting my pc…and aside from the initial crash in the 3rd person practice project…everything is working…thankyou for the help