I just installed the editor yesterday and it keeps crashing on me trying to follow tutorials on youtube.
The first was adding a texture from Google (maybe it was the image). As soon as I added the image to the project the editor crashed. This happened three times, each was as soon as I added the image to the project.
The second was trying to convert a vector3 to a parameter. Again, as soon as I choose that action the editor crashed. I attempted this twice with the exact same results.
I was starting with the third person template and no starter content.
Windows Event View Reports the following:
- Faulting application name:
- UE4Editor.exe, version: 4.16.2. time stamp: 0x59549a82
- Faulting module name: igdusc64.dll, version:
10.18.10.3412, time stamp: 0x52e04797 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault
offset: 0x0000000000176be2 process id: 0xa8f4
- Faulting application start time:
- Faulting application path: E:\Program Files\UE_4.16\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe
- Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\igdusc64.dll
- Report Id: 18162d6e-6cac-11e7-a746-00090ffe0001
One this that I did notice was that Windows opens a window asking if I want to debug the program and when it does it lists two versions of Visual Studio (I am not using Visual Studio for anything, just the UE editor). No idea if that was related or not.
I had the Task Manager tab open on two crashes and was looking at the performance tab and neither the CPU or Memory were so high that I feel those were the issues.
Any help would be appreciated.