Just as the title says.
Go to the demonstration project i have uploaded, find the object named “Focus Object” (child of LeaderLine in the StarterPoints folder) and move it to the Cameras folder (in the World Outline).
Crash! Recursion bug according to visual studio
Moving to another actor doesn’t cause it though (haven’t tested extensively)
(Also, on loading the project there’s a complaint from an old C++ class which I have removed…? Just press OK)
I was unable to find the assets mentioned in your post within the project provided. I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.
- Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
- If so could you provide a detailed set of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
- Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints that may be involved in this issue?
Hi Rudy, I’ll try that now. But until then, can you open the CrashDemo project I have provided and follow these steps?
I am now able to replicate this with a blank project (4.8.3).
I am not entirely sure which of the following steps are necessary however.
- Open Blank BP Project
- Create BP derived from Actor, called BP_Line
- Add Static Mesh Component as a child of the DefaultSceneRoot Component
- Set the Mesh to be the Engine Content “Plane” Mesh
(I also set its scale to 1.f, 8.f, 1.f)
- Add a BP_Line to your world
- Add a Target Point Actor to the world
- Child it to the BP_Line
- Add a folder
- Move the BP_Line to the folder
I have uploaded a project which has up until step 8 completed.
I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. However, after doing a bit more testing I found that this issue has been resolved in the 4.9 version of the engine. Thank you for your time and information.
Make it a great day
I forgot to thank you for this!