Editor crashed on exit game cilent

Hello,

I last hour I have experience 3 crashes reports from my editor. I have to send crash report then it will close everything. I have notice this happens when I am using experimental UMG. I am telling to use execute console command, to leave game client. When quit game is pressed. Is there another way to achieve same action without using that?

This is happening in version 4.4.2.
Computer is a Mac.

Thank you for your feedback.

Hey Elvince,

Thank you for your report. We have assigned this issue to a member of our support staff, and they will begin investigation as soon as possible. If we are unable to reproduce issue, or we need additional information, our staff member will comment here with additional questions. Otherwise, we will post an ‘Answer’ once we have logged issue in our bug database or we have a solution for it.

In meantime, please be sure to review our suggestions for how to report a bug, and feel free to edit your post if you have additional information to provide:

Please and attach crash logs for project after it crashes. Thanks!

Hi xFREDx,

I am testing this in 4.4.2 and I was able to quit using console command that is being used when button element is clicked. Could you show me exactly how you have set up your UMG and events being called? Do you play in stand alone when this happens or does any mode work? Any additional information may help.

link text

Hi ,

Attached is crash reports logs that were requested. Also I attached my project editor and a screen of my bind for quit.

thank you for your feedback

I for post this in my last post. I am playing in editor. So I am going play button on top of editor. Also above screenshot is a button binging function. I have one for each level. Four in total.

Thanks again

Hey xFREDx,

I was able to duplicate crash as described in 4.4. I attempted same thing in our internal build and crash no longer occurs. That fix will likely be implemented in 4.5 release.

cause of crash is Remove From Viewport node you are using. You are basically telling engine to remove something from Viewport after it has already closed, and that isn’t necessary. Simply removing that node should fix problem for you in 4.4.

Thanks for report, and I hope this helps!

I have version 4.14 and doing CLick in QUIT in WIdget crashes unreal engine.
Solution?

Hello,

Due to age of this thread, if you’re experiencing a new crash please create a new thread in Bug Reports section and provide more information.

We’ll need following:

• Logs from your project’s Saved->Logs folder after crash occurs.
  • Machine ID from Crash Reporter window and ensure to hit Send & Close on report
  • Repro steps on how to reproduce issue in a clean project
  • A simplified test project that showcases this issue.

Thanks, and once you create new thread we can begin to investigate over there.