Build version: 4.2.1-2101290
When I delete a specific blueprint variable from my blueprint, my editor crashes. I’m able to reproduce this every time with the steps outlined below. I wrote a backup utility ([timedog]) that watches my working directory for changes. When I encounter a crash, I revert to the last restore point and then figure out how to reproduce the crash.
Steps to reproduce:
- Download the archive of the project at the restore point immediately before the crash: https://s3.amazonaws.com/limbx/crashlog/LimbxFlyer.crash.1404327504.zip
- Do not restore previously open assets
- Double click the RingManager blueprint in the Content Browser
- Open the event graph
- Right click on the Rings array variable, click on Find References
- Delete all nodes Get Rings nodes (and related Length nodes)
- Delete all ForEachLoop nodes connected to Rings nodes
- Delete all Break VisiblePathRing nodes
- Do not save during this process
- After all references have been deleted, right click on the Rings array variable again and click Delete
- The editor should hang, then crash. Unzip and replace the working directory to restore to the pre-crash state and follow these steps again to reproduce the crash.
- Right clicking on and deleting the Rings variable succeeds after reopening the editor after the crash.
Crash log: [link text]
Steps to reproduce video: http://youtu.be/txyrop_Xp0c
The link you provided doesn’t work. Can you try it again? Thanks!
Hey Ben! Give it a try now. I think I made that whole S3 dir public.
Got it! I’ll take a look and then make sure we get the right people on these. Thanks!
Sweet, thanks! I think I’m definitely doing something wrong with this particular Blueprint, and now that I can rewind/replay you guys can get useful project states and reproduction steps. Yeah!
Sorry, but I wasn’t able to reproduce this one. I tried on both Mac and PC to no avail. I’ll try digging into this a little further to see what could cause that, but I don’t see why it would happen on your system and not on mine. Could you attach the crash logs for this one? Thanks!
I think you have to take very specific steps to reproduce this crash. I attached a video to the original post as well as the crash logs generated from the crash in the video. Let me know if that helps!
I tried again, this time following the steps you took in the video, and I still did not crash. It seems like you crashed following different steps or at a different step in the process in the video than what you described. Do you get the same crash each time?
Almost – I either make it to the end of my little deletion spree and then crash deleting the variable itself, or I crash on my way there. Weird that you can’t reproduce it, I’m able to do it every time. I wonder if it’s possible that my machine is just in a weird state. In any case, I’ll try again today after a restart when I recreate the other crash to get logs for you.
Just checking in to see if this crash is still occurring for you in 4.3. If so, please attach the crash logs when you get a chance. Thanks!
I haven’t experienced this crash since 4.3. I’ll let you know if it resurfaces. Thanks!