Editor Crash on Startup

whenever I try to launch the editor it loads to 83% and then crashes. reading
“Illegal instruction - code c000001d (first/second chance not available)”
I tried reinstalling the engine and I have no projects, so I know its not a corrupt project file.

here’s the full error report:

Illegal instruction - code c000001d (first/second chance not available)

XAudio2_7
XAudio2_7
XAudio2_7
UE4Editor_XAudio2!XAudio2Create() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\thirdparty\windows\directx\include\xaudio2.h:1244]
UE4Editor_XAudio2!FXAudio2Device::InitializeHardware() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\xaudio2\private\xaudio2device.cpp:125]
UE4Editor_Engine!FAudioDevice::Init() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\audiodevice.cpp:221]
UE4Editor_Engine!FAudioDeviceManager::CreateAudioDevice() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\audiodevicemanager.cpp:147]
UE4Editor_Engine!UEngine::InitializeAudioDeviceManager() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:1975]
UE4Editor_Engine!UEngine::Init() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:943]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::InitEditor() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorengine.cpp:557]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Init() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorengine.cpp:846]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Init() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:75]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Init() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2513]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!EditorInit() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedglobals.cpp:76]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:150]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:134]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4+release-4.15+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:210]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]
kernel32
ntdll

Hi ExplosiveCrayonz,

Try deleting the DerivedDataCache directory from the Engine install directory and relaunching.

Let me know if this does nto resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Steve H.

unfortunately that didn’t work. I’ve added the rest of the error report if that helps

Please try the solution posted for the exact same error here: Unreal Editor Stuck at 83%. Won’t Start

I think the best option is to copy your project into a new user account and try to load it, this always works!! After that, just reopen the project from your original account.