Editing particles parameters in blueprints

Hello,

Is there a way to modify using blueprints particles parrameters?

For example I want to change the scale of my particles in the level blueprint, how can I do that?

Thank you!

Hey Shelby -

This is such a handle feature in Blueprints. Here is how you set it up:

The Setup in Cascade (using a Vector Parameter in Initial Size):

And the Call in Level Blueprint:

11515-paramlevelbp.jpg

Make sure your Parameter Name matches what you have setup in Cascade.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

2 Likes

and how to get parameter in blueprint?

Hi matmow -

You can add a reference to the particle system into the blueprint and pull off the output pin and type in “Set Vector Parameter” and it should come up as a Context Sensitive option in the search.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

I think matmow meant get parameter (for which no node exists, as of 4.8 at least). To Get a parameter from a particle system I had to do two things:

1. Made my own shared function to loop through the instance parameters of a particle sys component, returning the value when it found a matched param name, and;
  2. When spawning or placing the particle, made sure I add an actual instance parameter (just using the “Set Vector Parameter” worked but didn’t seem to add an actual instance parameter that could be found by my function).

I have dust explosion kind of particle which is spawn on hit with the surface however when I add that Set Vector Parameter part it is spawned twice, once when player throws projectile second time when collision occurs, is there any fix to this?
Here is short vid of the effect

I’m trying to drive the spawn rate of my particle based on the axis value of the move forward input so that I can have the rate of the particle increase when the player is moving and decrease when they’re standing still. It doesn’t seem to be working though so I was wondering if you might be able to help me figure out how to get this working. Here’s a screen shot of my setup:

The particle emitter is in my player character and the movement is set via the player controller.

i like to change the texture of wall continuously on pressing by key

That’s because you’re using a vector paramater instead of a scalar (float). you can acces more paramaters by calling the make ParticleSysmparam function. this way you can set the max and min in and output in blueprints, so for instance you can scale up the speed and amount based on your movement. Set random particle vector parameter via blueprint and ParticleSysParam - YouTube check out this video, this guy explains it well

That’s because you’re using a vector paramater instead of a scalar (float). you can acces more paramaters by calling the make ParticleSysmparam function. this way you can set the max and min in and output in blueprints, so for instance you can scale up the speed and amount based on your movement. Set random particle vector parameter via blueprint and ParticleSysParam - YouTube check out this video, this guy explains it well

can you link your blueprint

Thanks Callandekeijzer!

Check to make sure you don’t have auto activate turned on.