Editing in "Old Unreal" aka v.2.0 - Modifying/Updating ST DS9: The Fallen..

Hello all… Finally got around to reinstalling DS9: The Fallen again on PC. What a headache that was!!

…Anyway, some things bothered me about this old game… Textures, models, voices, music (opening to the game), and some scenes. What I mean by this is the opening scene could be better, that shows the space station. I would love to include the asteroid and the gas clouds as the camera pans through it and the ships wiping the transition to the station. A lot of that is missing in the intro to the game. The music is different to the original opening as well. The character models could be better. The textures could be better. The voices for Sisko and O’brian could be much better! And etc… I would love to port this game to a new engine, but the legalities about doing it, could be an issue. But modifying an old engine, shouldn’t be a problem! Especially since it’s abandonware at this time.

I have already upscaled all the textures to the game (everything but the effects anyway), my only issue is how to get them back into a “.utx" file again! I have them as raw ".png” files and can convert them to “*.pcx” files. But it’s been 20 years since I messed with Unreal 2.0!

I have also fixed the opening music to sound just like the original show, and it sounds so much better now!

And lastly I have been playing with editing the voice files to sound more like the original actors. O’Brian sounds pretty good! Sisko still sounds too robotic, so more work needs to be done…

As for the character models, fixing the opening, and packing everything back into a “*.utx” file to replace the old ones and to test my textures out to see if they work right on the models/levels, that is where I need help!! I have been looking online for tutorials on how to do this, and every video is mostly of UE 4/5. And anything else doesn’t really show me what I need to know… So if anyone is interested in helping, please reach out to me and let me know how you can help!! Because this is a super easy fix to an old game!! Most of the work is already completed.

So if anyone can help, please email me or post a message on this BB! I would also like to release this to the public to download, for those that want to enjoy this game in the future. And anyone who helps, I will gladly attach their name and info per their request! Thank you for your time and any help anyone can provide!

Email:
graphicsgod@gmail.com

Some examples of what I’ve done so far…

Textures that have been upscaled:

Voice modifications:

Old sound file of O’Brian:

New test sound file:

Old sound file of Sisko:

New test sound file:

And video of the opening with new music: