Editing a Skeletal Mesh

I am working with a fox skeletal mesh. It has pre-set animations that I can use. There is an option to change the look of the fox using the morph target tab. After I make my changes, how do I save those changes so that this new fox can use the pre-set animations.

Hope someone can help.
thanks

Hey @captainsharp! Welcome to the forums!

Typically you should just be able to save the skeletal mesh with this button here>

If that doesn’t work, maybe consult the source of the mesh, wherever you brought it from, they might have more insight! :slight_smile:

I think you would use an anim montage or blendspace
or make a bp with the mesh and set the morphs in the bp

Hey @captainsharp! Welcome to the Forums!

What you are going to want to do is set up a blueprint for that fox that will automatically set the morph target. Check out this non-Epic affiliated video on implementation of that concept (starting at 15:55):

I hope the above is the solution you need.

1 Like

Thanks Mind-Brain.
I did try the save but it didn’t work - I will try contact the creator.

thanks for the advice Chris
I’ll check it out.

Hey Quetzalcodename.
Thanks so much, this did apply the changes required, very cool and simple, now that I know how :slight_smile:
There is just one problem. When I play the animation (blueprint), the Fox is gray - the material is missing. All advice appreciated.

This topic has been moved from [previous category] to [new category].

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space. Hopefully, this category change can help future devs with a similar question.

Happy developing!