Edit animations of an existing dino

Hi :slight_smile:

I have just started dabbling in modding to try fix one very frustrating dinosaur in the game. Now I decided that I would love for a better attack animation than what currently is in the game, but my foolish attempts to create an attack animation of my own failed horribly.
I can export an existing animation from unreal, load it into blender, play it there, export it again to unreal and it works in game. But all I see in blender is a bone structure moving, apparently not bound by any constraints.
Is there a way for me to import more than just the movement vectors from unreal to blender? Is it already imported and I just donโ€™t see it? Is the project futile and I should give up, as it would require an entire remake of the dino model, mesh, skeleton, saddle etc in blender? Please keep in mind I have zero experience with anything :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance,
fareley

i have tryed to figure out that too and as far as iknow you can just make a new animation sequence and montage and then retargeting it

Iโ€™m skilled enough to figure out the editing it in blender part myself, but I can load the whole mesh and have it follow the skeleton by exporting the fbx file from unreal and into blender and back.
I know Iโ€™m a bit late to reply to you, but perhaps it helps someone else who stumbles here.

Anyway, I think that is what you were asking, hope it helps.
//