EDDA IN GAME | Fiction Stories for Developers

Edda In Game is a book licensed under CC0 (Creative Commons Zero), composed of five stories. After each story, there is a development guide that explores how to apply the concepts and ideas presented to your own games. The main story is the second one, Encounter with Freyja, which introduces a new methodology for creating character abilities.

In the Trinfus Helgar Methodology, we abandon the traditional elements of water, fire, earth, and wind commonly used in Asian culture, in favor of three basic elements: Destruction (fire), Construction (nature), and Neutrality (water). Additionally, there are two ascension elements: Revelation (Illumination) and Obscurity (Darkness). While the Asian methodology works very well for movies, I believe the Trinfus Helgar approach offers more ambiguity and creative freedom, making it more suitable for games.

Diagram:

Positive Wheel with evolution in Revelation:

Negative Wheel with evolution in Obscurity:

The available classes are Magic, Sorcery, and Alchemy, each associated with four elements. Depending on the choices made, ascensions to Revelation and Obscurity can be neutralized. In the development guide for Encounter with Freyja, these concepts are explored in depth, revealing a greater complexity than it appears. By better understanding these three classes, you’ll see that any type of character can fit into them, including cyberpunk and robotic characters.

Classes:

In the development guide for the story Transcendental Deities, the Trinfus Helgar Methodology is expanded with the introduction of the concept of soulmates, where one character can influence the abilities of their soulmate, creating more intrigue and new themes for discussion. However, the soulmate methodology is optional, which is why it is separated into different texts due to its complexity and greater difficulty of application.

I recommend reading the stories in the order they are presented for better understanding, as they are more complex and profound than they seem, with a solid foundation in classical philosophy.

I am planning to release three or four more books like this. The next one will focus on character races, showing how to create Elves, Reptilians, and others using the methodology. There will also be a book dedicated to animals and another to vegetation and plants.

Writing these stories required a lot of brainpower. If you are interested in contributing financially or need help creating characters using this methodology, I am available. And if you want to share your ideas or discuss something, I will be here to respond as much as possible.

redfrenzy@protonmail.com

Links:

Google Drive: Edda in Game - Google Drive

Amazon: Amazon.com

1 Like