Echo Windwalker Broken Hair Groom Blueprint

When starting up the echo windwalker character from unreal marketplace, the character has no hair and the hair groom blueprint is broken. There were errors on the hair and eyebrow grooms but this seems to have been fixed by converting them to local variables. Though I can’t seem to connect the groom assets to the rest of the blueprint. I’ve tried re-downloading the character multiple times but this issue remains, no idea how to fix this.

3 Likes

I also have that problem, I noticed that some assets were not correctly loaded, I also tried to download the project multiple times but no success, I think there is a bug in that package. If you find out a solution let me know please :3

Did you find any solution to this yet?
All hair assets seems to be broken.

Right click the .uproject and open the file in a text editor. In “Plugins” : add the following:

{
			"Name": "HairStrands",
			"Enabled": true
		},
		{
			"Name": "AlembicHairImporter",
			"Enabled": true
		},

Alternatively you can enable the plugins through the Plugins panel

6 Likes

DID YOU TRY TO ’ CTRL + LEFT MOUSE BUTTON DOWN ’ ON THOSE RED CONNECTION PINS?

AND THEN RECONNECT THEM?

RIGHT CLICK ANY NODE TO SELECT ’ REFRESH … ’

Genius. Thanks!

Is there a solution for this, for UE 5.4? I’ve turned on all the right plugins and still can’t seem to get her hair loaded for the Control Rig. Thanks in advance :smiley:

Open it with a 5.2 version or lower enabling the plugins. Then migrate the BP_Echo blueprint (right mouse button → Assert Actions → Migrate) to a 5.4 version with the same plugins enabled. It worked for me.