Easy first game to make?

I want to do something, I have a bunch of ideas, but I think my ideas may be a bit beyond me at the moment. I want to make a game that feels like a game, but give me the ability to practice things that I’ve learned, and hopefully learn new things as I go along. What first person games are simplest to accomplish? I still need to learn about things like level progression and what not, but I don’t think that should stop me from building individual levels and then linking them when I figure out how. I have an idea of doing a first person puzzle/platformer that will involve climbing and obviously puzzles. Maybe there’s something else out there that I haven’t considered?

I would look at old arcade style games, rather than first person ones. Games like Breakout, Space Invaders, 1942 etc are all good places to start for a first game and can be completed by a single person relatively quickly without too much experience.

Some oldies i would start with (i try to list them in order of growing complicity):

• pong or arcanoid
  • space invaders
  • pacman
  • asteroids
  • montezuma’s revenge
  • boulder dash

If i was starting now i would start with pacman clone probably. It has all parts of more advanced games and yet it is still simple to create.
And do no try multiplayer as first project.