Easy Console Vars [Plugin]

Hello everyone,
My new plugin Easy Console Vars was just released! Feedback more than welcome!

Description: Enables the creation and registration of console variables through an in-editor interface. All console variables (ECVars) created through this plugin persist editor restarts.

Technical Details
Features:

• Easily add console variables via an editor interface form
  • Auto-reload of console variables upon editor initialization
  • Save console variable definitions to a specialized file, decoupled from the default ConsoleVariables.ini

Code Modules: EasyConsoleVars (Editor)
Number of C++ Classes: 10
Supported Development Platforms: Windows 32-bit, Windows 64-bit
Supported Target Build Platforms: Windows 32-bit, Windows 64-bit
Documentation](http://www.chadjiantoniou.com/docs/Easy%20Console%20Vars%20-%20Documentation.pdf)
Roadmap (in development):

• Ability to edit existing variables
  • Selection of console variable flags, through multi-select combobox within the interface
  • Configurable ECVar file location and filename
  • Ability to modify the engine default console variable file (Engine/Config/ConsoleVariables.ini)

Sounds interesting. Can you give some examples where it would be beneficial to use such custom console variables?

Well, use-cases for console variables vary depending on your development process. For example you can setup some flags like “Cheat” which is only used during development, declare debug verbosity levels or even control the amount of debug information on screen while in development. For example in my game i’ve registered some console variables to control the level and amount of custom debug information i see on screen during gameplay testing.
The mechanism for registering console variables is already provided by the engine. The plugin simply provides an editor interface to register and manage your custom console variables.