Easy Ads Pro not working? Questions regarding admob in Ue4.

I have a couple of questions regarding how admob and Easy ads pro works. I have followed the Easy Ads pro tutorial and documentation but am having trouble getting the test ads to show in game. When I click the button nothing happens. Im guessing my show and load ads arent working at all. I have the ad ids for the test ads from the documentation in my project settings as well. So is the code for the the ads fine? or am I doing something wrong. And if I am doing something wrong how will I know if I cant test them. I also have questions regarding how big and wide the advertisements will show. My game is also in landscape mode so will that be a problem when showing the ads. My admob acount is fully set up and my game is already on the appstore, Im just updating it with ads.

Your issue may be related to the Unreal version as well, but where do you request for consent? This is the initialization in my level blueprint:

I highly recommend to check out the example project, but this is for UE 5.2. If this would help I can try to kind of downgrade it to UE 4.27

Currently I am trying to implement AdMod by myself. I got everything working in my project with testing IDs, but now struggeling to set this up on the AdMob web page. My app is not released on the stores yet.

Hello, @Xiontheman1

Regarding AdMob and Easy Ads Pro:

Test Ads Not Showing:
Test ads not displaying could be due to several reasons:
AdMob Account Setup: Ensure your AdMob account is correctly set up, including payment information.
Test Device Configuration: Make sure your device is registered as a test device. Otherwise, you might face suspension from Google.
Ad IDs: Verify that you’ve correctly entered the test ad IDs from the documentation into your project settings.
Code Implementation: Double-check your code for loading and showing ads. If there’s an issue, you won’t see test ads.
Inventory Build-Up: Sometimes, it takes a few ad requests for inventory to build up. Be patient; consistent results will come with more requests.
Ad Size and Landscape Mode:
Ad size depends on how you’ve configured it in AdMob.
For landscape mode, choose ad formats that fit well without disrupting gameplay.
Test different ad sizes to find the best fit for your game.

I hope this info is helpful to you.

Best Regard,
Gregory Chavez

If I’m using test ads from the documentation why do I need my account payments and other stuff set up?

Did you find the ue4 27 code implementation?

No, but I re-created the whole project for 4.27 :slightly_smiling_face: Unfortunately I could not add the C++ example as a header include failed. I had to re-activate my old PC to get a running version of UE 4.27 and VS2019, tried to package for Android there, but the installed version of Android Studio is to new.

I can provide you the file on Google drive, but I cannot assure that it works.

Okay one more question though, does the admob account have to be fully set up for your test ads to work. And if so should I not be using the test ads from the documentation?

Test ads should work out of the box without any setup, as ithis s currently the case with my own project. The example project include IDs and setup for testing.

Edit: I don’t want to post the link to my Google drive. Would be good opportunity to check if the link to my Discord PM in my profile is working.

Okay thanks, but the get platform name is comming out as false(neither ios or android). So are my setttings not accurate, what could be the problems for that.

I sent you the link to the Google drive via PM, currently trying to build that project in Xcode.

Do you have to have xcode for admob and for your project to be c++? Because Im having trouble building the test project you sent because of this.

I am facing similar issues like on Windows with VS2019. I read somewhere that Xcode 14.1 is the last version that can be used for compilations with Unreal Engine 4.27 :frowning: I am able to open the project on mac by doing some modifications, but I am not able to add any C++ class, that seem to be a reuirement on iOS when it is an Blueprint-only project.

To open the project that I sent on mac, please create there a new Unreal 4.27 project with the name EaysAdsTest. Then enable the EasyAdsPro plugin in that project and replace its Content folder with the one of the project that I converted.

For setting up the project and the EasyAds plugin with testing IDs, add/replace the following lines in the file /Config/DefaultEngine.ini

[/Script/EasyAdsEditor.AdmobSetting]
AndroidAppId=ca-app-pub-3980089200451408~7907771684
AndroidBannerUnit=ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/6300978111
AndroidInterstitialUnit=ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/1033173712
AndroidRewardedVideoAdUnit=ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/5224354917
AndroidResultTestDevice=58145FD6CFB72AAFE2D3AF253BC0736B
EnableAndroidTestSuite=False
DisableAndroidUnity=False
DisableAndroidVungle=False
DisableAndroidChartboost=False
DisableAndroidFacebook=False
DisableAndroidApplovin=False
DisableAndroidAdColony=False
DisableAndroidIronSource=False
DisableAndroidInMobi=False
DisableAndroidTapJoy=False
DisableAndroidIMobile=False
SimulateAndroidLocation=IN_EEA
IOSAppId=ca-app-pub-3940256099942544~1458002511
IOSBannerUnit=ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/2934735716
IOSInterstitialUnit=ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/4411468910
IOSRewardedVideoAdUnit=ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/1712485313
+UserTrackingDescriptionList=(language=en,localizationDesctiption=“This identifier will be used to deliver personalized ads to you in this game.”)
SimulateIOSLocation=IN_EEA
DisableIOSUnity=False
DisableIOSVungle=False
DisableIOSChartboost=False
DisableIOSFacebook=False
DisableIOSApplovin=False
DisableIOSAdColony=False
DisableIOSIronSource=False
DisableIOSInMobi=True
DisableIOSTapJoy=False
DisableIOSIMobile=False
+AndroidTestDeviceList=58145FD6CFB72AAFE2D3AF253BC0736B
+IOSTestDeviceList=ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/1712485313
+IOSTestDeviceList=D6AE41F6-32EE-40D7-8E89-B9420FE3B28C

I don’t know if this applies to updates as well, but with new apps and new content for the Appstore, isn’t there that Apple policy that this has to be compilied and be submitted by the latest version of Xcode?

The EasyAds plugin requires for iOS that your project has at least one C++ class, this could even be an empty one. But even if you get your developer certificate working with an older version of Xcode, you may get an error when submitting your updated project to the Appstore. Different story with Android, though.

I will remove the project files from Google drive if yoiu no longer need them