Easiest and cheapest way to do facial mocap, including what software and hardware are needed?

I’m looking to make some educational materials and want to do mocap animation for them.

It doesn’t need to look amazing, just good enough to get the messages across.

I am completely new to visual software, animation, 3D animation, though I’m fairly comfortable with tech and have been making music on computers for over a decade (I assume it is very different but I’m just providing background info).

What is the easiest and cheapest way to achieve a halfway decent result with tailor made characters?

From my digging so far it seems that Unreal 5, an iPhone X and a helmet mount is the best option: iPhone models: Compatibility with Live Link Face and ARKit - #6 by christuusgnosis

Do you need anything else? Does anyone have any good links to step by step guides?

Is there any other hardware or software that you’d recommend as a better alternative?

Sorry for all the questions. I’m on a very limited budget and want to make sure I get it all right.

Either iPhone or Facegood, since their HMC is very cheap ( 469$ ) and their basic software is free, and you can achieve very good quality results.