Early adopters?

Hi, yes I’m an early adopter. I subscribe then unsubscribe then subscribe again when I see a new interesting version is coming out.

I’m looking forward to the UMG(?) UI stuff. They are beating Unity3D to it. It has taken them about 2 years and they still haven’t got a good UI layout system.

I can see a lot of rough edges in Unreal. Particularly, I don’t like the look of the checked pattern on unassigned materials. And the size widget is not very pretty. And it’s not well suited for mobile at the moment due to all the advanced effects even on a simple scene. (Sometimes I want to draw a cube and nothing but a cube. No motion blurring. No sky. No fog. No fancy shaders. No shadows. No reflections. Just a cube!)

But it is fun telling the Unreal people what they can do to improve it!. :smiley:

Hear, Hear Brother!

I thought it was only me who felt way! If I only had more time for all amazing stuff!

And yes, jump in NOW - you’re always at an advantage when you get to work with new features as they’re added to the engine; it gives you a to experiment with the features as they come online AND, you also get the to provide feedback to Epic, which gives you an opportunity to actually help out with the development of the engine!

-Will