Earliest Gaming Memories

For me it has to be my all time favorite game.Which started me thinking about game making.

DUNGEON MASTER on the Atari stfm.Oh the days. :slight_smile:

Reading the thread again,looks like there is some old farts about like me,on these forums. :slight_smile:

[=markb;285532]
Reading the thread again,looks like there is some old farts about like me,on these forums. :slight_smile:
[/]

Yes there is and I am proudly one of them.

First PC (of sorts was a ZX Spectrum 128k +2) and I added a ZX81 to that mix and finally got a Commodore Amiga 500 … with the extra 512k RAM module. My first proper PC (as I define by the machine having a hard drive) was only until 1996 after I left the military … a Intel Pentium 75, playing Doom and Warcraft through direct Parallel Port connection. 8-}

Pitfall on the Atari. Jumping… dying. Jumping… dying…

I got the TurboGrafX and somehow managed to beat Bonks at the spry age of 3 0.o

Not sure if it is the earliest one but I remember playing mortal kombat on my friend’s commodore 64. Every time I made a decision (character, level) we needed to change floppy disks to load the content :slight_smile:

[=markb;285532]
[/]

Oh yes. After the Atari 2600, my first PC was a Commodore Vic20.

9k memory, and 5k of that was the operating system. :slight_smile:

**** there’s some oldies in this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately my graceful entry into the gaming world was stumped by my parents who didn’t really believe in it. Only had an hour a day until I was at least 16 :frowning:

The earliest memories I have was of a console I can’t even remember. I think it had a maximum of 2-players, it was all pixel-based with 8-bit audio. There were 999 (or maybe more) games built into the console, and you entered the number of the game you wanted to play and it would load up. No saves or anything, just load and play.

That thing was awesome actually… would love to know what it was so I can find one again.

Age of Empires, Counter Strike.

I don’t know the name of the game but i remember loading my first commodore 64 diskette up, and having to rescue people from tanks and burning buildings. It was pretty cool. Blew me away with the graphics.

EDIT: I found the game! Choplifter

https://.com/watch?v=QhJuDNbg73o

my earliest gaming experience was games like Rick dangerous/Alfred the chicken/robocod/R-type/dizzy(he was an egg:D)/batman…ect

[=]

[/]

ah the awesomeness of old skool games on cassette tape with the multicolour loading screens low res graphics(by todays standards anyway) and cheesy sound effects, twas so good:), I still have a box of like 80 games but nothing to play them on anymore:(.

[=]
Commodore Vic20.
[/]

commodore 64/128 for the win;)

–edit–

found a video of Alfred chicken:D

https://www…com/watch?v=8MZIWYCZEG8

Dungeons and Dragons on the Intellivision

https://.com/watch?v=SRtwlc_WJNM

Doom, Wolfenstein 3D and Raptor : Call of the Shadows.

As one of the youngest mods , SNES emulator with mario bros and metroid on a windows 95 machine.

Tetris and Spiderman on the first Gameboy, Zelda 1 at the NES of a friend.
Later on gota SNES and sometimes played Prince of Persia on the Monochrome Schneider PC my Mom had.

I cannot even remember the specs of my first PC, but it barely ran HL1 when it came out.

[=kraid;290631]
I cannot even remember the specs of my first PC, but it barely ran HL1 when it came out.
[/]

Now there’s another forum thread right there. We would all be attempting to boast that we had the oldest and worst PC when we started. :slight_smile:

Playing Warcraft II and only playing orcs, because I was scared while exploring uncharted territory. Early Hero’s, Might & Magic and the moment the character build on Morrowind changed my life forever.

I dont really know what my earliest memory is. Probably SMB for NES… but I know my fondest memory was Techmobowl… God bless it.

Resident Evil 2 and Mario

Aztec Challenge - Commadore 64

://s.uvlist.net/l/y2007/07/40380.jpg

and

Forbidden Forest - Commadore 64 (still gives me nightmares, bloody frogs)

://www.lemon64/games/screenshots/ext_full/beyond_the_forbidden_forest_02.gif

The slalom ski game on a HP85

://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=%3A%2F%2Fwww.vintagecomputers.freeserve.co.uk%2Fhp85%2Fpics%2F85_ski_game.jpg&imgrefurl=%3A%2F%2Fwww.vintagecomputers.freeserve.co.uk%2Fhp85%2Fgames.htm&h=291&w=371&tbnid=X16NOYU9ZzkxYM%3A&zoom=1&docid=juHIbI7nHw7WZM&ei=4PVUVZetIsW07gafuIPICQ&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=1895&page=1&start=0&ndsp=28&ved=0CCMQrQMwAA

A history of my gaming life, rather than earliest.

Rainbow Six (Whole series), Ghost Recon on PC - Some of my best memories of internet gaming ever. Some of the best people in the world to meet. Ill never forget it.

PS1/PS2. Final Fantasy Series and the Metal Gear Solid Series. Lost hours to these games. Simply Amazing.

Cannon Fodder, B-17 Flying Fortress, F117, Settlers & Sensible Soccer on the Amiga 1200. :slight_smile: - Best childhood memories, make me want to go back in time and stay that age.

Postman Pat on the commodore 64 is as far back as I can remember. This game blew up my commodore, my brother and I were devastated.

P.S. Thinking of this is making me feel old at the age of 27 :wink: