[FONT=lucida sans unicode]- PROJECT DYSTOPIA -
Our project aims to create an “Orwellian social survival game” set in a dystopian city of steel and concrete. First person, multiplayer sandbox for the PC with built in local voice chat driving player interactions.
Our team consists of
- 1 x Programmer/designer
- 2 x 2D/concept artist
- 2 x 3D artists
- 2 x Level designer
- 2 x Sound designer/musician
CURRENTLY IN DEMAND
- 1 x Commissar for Urban Development (level designer)
- 1/2 x Minister of Propaganda (voice acting/video editing)
LEVEL DESIGN BRIEFING
- Tile-able, seamless and world-aligned materials are provided, along with a library of building parts, prefab sections, concept art and a small team of artists to cater to your needs. Please note that optimization is a concern, most areas are limited in size, and there are a handful of regulations to fallow to ensure multiplayer runs smoothly.
- The objective is to create a maze-like, claustrophobic city with very little view of the sky, overshadowed by a dystopian/surreal atmosphere.
- Fanatical devotion to Brutalist/modernist/industrial style architecture required.
PROPAGANDA DIRECTOR BRIEFING
- Browse internet libraries for ww2 era footage and rearrange them to fit the game’s backstory.
- Write and/or produce (with potential help from other teammates) propaganda newsreels, loudspeaker announcements, patriotic songs.
- Dark sense of humor welcome.
SPECIAL EFFECTS BRIEFING
- Create (simple!!!) vintage style animations/battle maps/backdrops in 3d or 2d.
- Apply simple visual effects to footage.
- “Harvest” and rearrange sounds from old footage.
*ENVIRONMENT ART BRIEFING
- Create assets from concept art, or use your own imagination! Low-poly is fine for most assets, no need to texture, except in a few cases where I’ll help.
- Some assets will need rigging/animating. If you don’t know how, again I can show you the way.
- You will need to follow some simple regulations about origin points and dimensions of objects to make life easier for level designers.
MATERIAL DESIGN BRIEFING
- Using Free online tools and libraries, craft quality materials for our level designers to use.
- Upgrade or discard old materials.
- Experiment with new materials and visual effects.*
Progress on our project is best described as a series of game jams. You need not always be online and available, and don’t be scared if nobody says a thing on discord for a week.