Download

Dynamically spawn destructible meshes only spawn once?

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, but I am working on an endless runner type project and I am spawning in destructible walls. I get the very first wall to spawn, but none of the other walls spawn after that.

Here is what I did… I created a blueprint with a destructible mesh inside of it. Then in the floor construction script, I randomize and if it’s a 1 I spawn a destructible wall (add child actor). I see the first wall, but nothing after that.
So in the blueprint, just for testing, I added a static mesh next to my destructible mesh… The static mesh shows up, but the destructible mesh does not…

I’m pretty sure this is a bug, and I’ll file it as such unless someone comes back and tells me I’m stupid and you can’t do it this way…

Could you post a picture of your blueprint? Feel free to Skype me if you’d like.

I could, but the Unreal Forums keep giving me a “database error” at the moment…

I’ve uploaded a video to Vimeo here (but it won’t be ready for another 45 minutes)…

I’ve noticed that when I disable physics on the destructible wall blueprint, the walls appear for a brief moment then disappear, but they are still there (if I run into them for example, it reappears and then shatters).

I have the same issue - I’ve noticed that Destructible Meshes, when spawned as a child actor, seem to be forced to use the bounds of the parent - which usually means they appear invisible when viewed at certain camera angles.

I have no idea why, or how to fix this, sadly.

Edit : Done some investigating with the issue - here’s my Answerhub Post