Dynamically set geometry collection Chaos Physics values

Hi guys. I’m new to unreal engine and am trying to create a building system. I have a build_master blueprint and I use that for most of the building. Right now I’m trying to make the buildings destructible. I have used the Chaos system for destruction and have created a geometry collection for each destructible asset. My question is that when I destroy an actor, I set the visibility and collision to none and then add a geometry collection component but I don’t know how to set the geometry collection component to the selected asset’s geometry collection.

Also please let me know if there is a better solution to this problem. Thanks.

5 Likes

I have the same problem

2 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

Exact same Problem here. Cant find a Option to change the Collection

1 Like

Any solution? I am on the same exact boat as you are

1 Like

I set up something similar I attempted to use the “set rest collection node” which works if you set it manually from the “add geometry collection component node”?
but as I want to use a geometry collection pulled from the structure BP so I can change the mesh dynamically which is what it looks like you are attempting as well.
anyway when pulling from the “Buildable mesh” data or structure_BP to the “set rest collection node” the mesh or collection never appears., confusing part is that when I pull a string command at the same spot it returns the correct asset name so not sure what i’m doing wrong yet.
did you ever find a solution to this problem?

4 Likes

I have the same problem “set rest collection node” doesnt make the destructible mesh visible when using the “add geometry collection component node”

1 Like

I’m also interested in knowing.

I’m also having this issue with dynamically setting the rest collection, it just never appears despite the logs returning the correct asset below.

Works fine if I set the rest collection in the component manually.