Download

Dynamic values in timeline-keyframes?

Hi there,

similar threads doesnt really solve my problem…

I want to setup a door-preset where i can change the max opening-angle of the door by using an editable variable. So i managed the timeline with a keyframe using a static value of 90deg. But i want this value to get from the variable.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks a lot!

Rather than having the timeline go from 0-90, have it go from 0-1, and then hook up the alpha of a ‘Lerp’ to the timeline value, the A on the lerp should be 0, the B can be your dynamic value. A lerp is a node that blends between 2 values using the alpha. When the alpha is 0, it will output the A value, when it is .5, it will output the average of A & B, and when the alpha is 1, it will output B.

Probably a bit confusing for someone new, i’ll post some screens in a few hours to show you.

A Screenshot would be great!

Nevertheless i will test that tomorrow… i think i understand what you try to explain me… thank you very much!
I will give a reply if i succeed.

Here are some screenshots:

3def23ccb6.png
The timeline should go from 0 to 1 in any amount of time, the length should be how long you want your transition/rotation to take.

e8ed203704f342abbca82b020a6ff7ee4326f106.png
The lerp should be hooked up like this, I am just rotating my actor by their pitch in my example, but the Lerp’s ‘Return Value’ will be the rotation you’ll want to use.

Works!
Thank you very much, that helps me a lot!

Thank you very much