Dynamic Text Material not working?

So i have a text material i want to use in a few places in my game, in different colors. You can change the text color from the TextRender Component Color field itself, that’s easy, but thing is i also want this material to be emissive, which has to be set and controlled separately since i cannot (AFAIK) directly link the Text Render Color to also affect the emissive color param set inside the text material.

The solution i came up with is creating a dynamic material text instance inside the actor that’s using it and reference the Text Render Color set here to change the emissive tint inside the dynamic material to match. It works as expected but using the Dynamic Material for the Text Material turns the font garbled (rectangles) no matter what i do.

It seems that using a Dynamic Material Instance of any kind for Text Material breaks the font. Any info on this? Recently switched to UE5 but I’m pretty sure the same behavior would be present on UE4 since nothing really changed in this area between versions.

I seem to be on the same issue. Anyone can share a solution, please?

Bump. Can anyone at least confirm if this has always been an issue or is UE5 only? Or maybe it requires some extra steps to set up right? Any input would be welcomed at this point since this forum is a dead end when it comes to help with anything more advanced.

This is still an issue today with UE5