1/18 Update: The Dynamic Skill Tree System will be releasing this week on January 20th!
12/18 Update: If your interested in picking this up before it releases on the Marketplace, I’ve made it available on Sellfy: https://sellfy.com/p/9t7o/
12/17 Update: Epic has approved the project files and I’ll be given a release date next week.
This is an mmo-inspired skill tree system that I’ve been working on for Klepto’s multiplayer progression. Since I wasn’t able to find a premade solution on the Marketplace, I’ve decided to modify ours to be submitted. 100% of the revenue this generates is being put directly into Klepto’s development. If this isn’t of interest, perhaps we’ll just have a Meerkat Gaming bake sale instead
The Dynamic Skill Tree System builds MMO inspired skill trees at runtime using data tables. This allows the developer to easily build and modify their skill trees without having to maintain and update large static trees.
- 3D Widgets
- 2D Widgets with alternate layouts
- Theme builder
- Skill Tree locking/unlocking based on chosen class
- Gamepad and Keyboard support
- Child/Parent unlock dependencies (parent skill unlocks child skill in the row above)
- Multiple tiers per skill (spent multiple points in single skill)
- Respec (resets all skill trees and refunds spent skill points)
- Demo Level (XP and level tracking with NPC skill trainers)
For more details, download the Quick Start Guide
The skill icons that I’m using are from Game-Icons.net. These are all free for commercial use under the CC BY 3.0 license. I’ve gone through and selected about 500 fantasy and sci-fi ones to include as sample content. However, I’m not 100% sure if Epic will allow these to be included. If I am required to remove them or you need additional icons, just visit their page in the link above.