Dynamic Selection Wheel

Thanks benjamin, I would do that but I’m pretty sure It’s close enough to the marketplace release that I don’t think I will.
_cDub I tried it and I think I conquered it heres a quick video gif thing. I’ll do a tut on this one too at some point.

http://giant.gfycat.com/SoftFearfulElk.gif

Crysis! :smiley:
The first whellventory ever created! And the nicest gameplay evor!
Im looking forward to this :3

Any news on the release of this?

Maximum awesome ness.

Spend mode engaged.

I’ll admit I was a little sad to not see this in today’s marketplace update.

I wonder why they like to do things in batches only. They could release them individually and every once in a while they could havea"what you missed " kind of post that gives the items their spotlight moment.

ya I think that would be better too but I got some bad news guys epic got back to me finally and they said they have the wheel scheduled for an august 26th release. So instead of making you guys wait a month to get the wheel you can buy it now here: https://chase-comerer.selz.com/item/55afff06b7987210cc88665c I have it set to $20 but since I didn’t want to make you wait and it’s my birthday tomorrow I set up the discount code “Wheel” for $8 off meaning it’s $11.99 which is still $2 higher than what the UE4 Marketplace is going to be because there where a few extra fee’s with selz. I think I’ll let the discount code run for a week maybe two I’ll post here a day before I disable it; and because it’s my birthday tomorrow and I have to do something Friday you may have to wait a few days for that startup tutorial. If you have any problems with buying it tell me immediately either here or email me at c.comerer33@gmail.com so I can see whats going on, I haven’t tested it to make sure it’s working. And any feedback is appreciated :slight_smile:

Happy birthday :slight_smile:
Epic should support adding your own assets to the “vault.” That would make things easier for adding non marketplace assets to your project.

I don’t have pay pal :frowning:

Well cr*p I was hoping that no one would need cards. I would have set up cards from the start but they require some bank info and stuff that I didn’t want to give them. so I’m going to fix some bank things and in a few days and then enable it if I can (no guarentees) but until then it’s just paypal sorry :frowning: If you want it sooner you can sign up for paypal it’s not all that hard

I’m not in that big of a hurry. I still have to set up a working level to get a full feel of my game mechanics.

It’s up finally!!! to celebrate here’s the next tutorial, it’s a bit long and the audio is a little messed up but it works. Hope it helps with whatever your projects are. (fair warning I didn’t review the entire thing so if something doesn’t make sense just post here) Dynamic Selection Wheel - Tutorial 1 - Adding to an existing Proj. - YouTube

Big thanks for this. Was just thinking I would need a wheel menu or something similar, and then this appeared to marketplace on next day. :slight_smile: Working very good, adding near all game stuff behind this menu. Have been easy to modify it. Only need to drawn own needed icons.

Thanks for buying it if you need any help with anything just hit me up, and if you need a tutorial on anything just suggest it and I’ll see what I can do. I am planning on making a tutorial on how I made the BO3 wheel in the posts above asap (hopefully this weekend)

Seeking currently where to put “play sound”-node so everytime you scroll to new option it would play. Already playing sound when disk appear and dissappear. Also would need to find a way to disable the color for the last used option (e.g. in that gif the light blue). So all the options would have same background, having only the box following mouse cursor.

Edit: Seems like there constact tick, so need to add own small function trigger everytime the selected option is changed. Should be easy.
Edit2: Got that sound playing. :slight_smile:

Where did you end up putting the sound node? and as far as the last selected that is in the selection wheel widget, in the hierarchy its called selected, I would suggest just setting visibility to collapsed just to avoid the hassle of having to delete any references in the code if you just deleted the entire image. (if you wanna see it its hidden behind the selection so just make selection invisible)

Thanks, :slight_smile: that works nice. Made function to collapse it. Added the sound in update selected info function. There is branch to play the sound, if selected name is getting new value (and the selected name wasnt empty). In remove all function, selected name is set empty. Using that function everytime opening the wheel, so could place it just there.

Two questions: is this going to be updated to 4.10? and do you think it is possible to emulate the GTA V wheel with this in terms of not showing your cursor but using where your mouse has headed from its start point when you opened the menu in order to select an item?

Regardless of the answers, I’ll probably go ahead and purchase this pack anyways. I’m very impressed with the videos you made of it.

Will this be made 4.10 compatible?

Hey I was looking for a good selection wheel, found this and it seems to have been removed from marketplace and your website… what gives?

Very nice! I’m also interested in buying this, what happened? Will it be available again?