Dynamic Music System - Timesynth?

So I have been wanting to try and create a Dynamic Music system in UE4, but I am fairly new to this engine and wanted to know if anyone knows any setups that might not be too difficult. So what I wanted to make was a system that basically plays a loop when you enter a collision box and when you enter another collision box, a new loop starts to play.

The key here is that that the transitions between loops have to be musically correct. This would mean that the transition would need to happen on a musical beat or bar (given that the two loops have the same BPM count). So if the player were to exit the box where the first loop was playing and enters the other box, the transition would have to wait until the loop had reach the next musical bar/beat.

I know there is some thing called a Timesynth which I think might be a good tool for this problem, but I tried watching a Live Training video of this (and another music system) on YouTube, but it was a bit too advanced for me and I did not quite understand it. Does anyone here have any experience with a Music System like the one I have described?

I am using 4.23.1 and a Macbook Pro 2017.

Hello Azlindean,

this is just a shot into the blue, but you could make a quick and dirty system where, you play both loops simultaneously and just cross fade the volume between them, this would achieve that both loops are synced, but it wouldn’t achieve the ‘on-beat’ transition.
The questions is do you need the on-beat transition or is the syncing enough. What I understand under your system is that the transition would be really choppy, I don’t think that that would be the best solution. Needles to say I don’t think my proposed one isn’t perfect either.
Feel free to correct me, if I misunderstood you.

TimeSynth is very complex if only because it’s still in beta. If you’re an experienced programmer then you can probably figure it out, but there’s still a lot of kinks that need worked out.

There’s a youtuber called v3r3y t1r3d (or something like that) that does a pretty good job at explaining the basics of it. I actually have to do a tutorial on it for my musician, but I’m waiting until I can check it out in 4.25 because there’s supposed to have been improvements.