Dynamic Materials…

Hi again, I have a second question, while I’m here. It’s been bugging me a lot.

I am self taught ‘developer’. Doing well and learning a lot.

I have an issue that I just cannot wrap my head around…

I have a dynamic material instance, that has a render, that creates bullet holes in the material, when overlapped by a projectile, rather than spawning a decal. Looks much better, and realistic. I got that all working fine, but I want it to do something that I’m not sure can be done. I hope some bigger, more experienced brain can set my mind straight…

I am looking to have a cardboard target, that when overlapped or line traced under cursor, to create a bullet hole, size of 9mm for example. I’ve managed that. Now, if a different caliber is selected, such as an AR 5.56mm. I need that same cardboard target, to keep the 9mm holes, and then have 5.56mm appear also, at their impact point. So the target will have both 9mm and 5.56mm bullet holes in it.

I just cannot find a way, in my infancy developer journey, to make 2 render sizes appear in the same target, at the same time. I can easily change the hole size via material parameters, just not 2 renders at once.

I hope that all makes sense. And I look forward to hearing if it can be done. As I really don’t want to use decals!

Many thanks.

Paul

SOLVED