Dynamic Initialization Fields CHAOS

Does anyone know if its possible to dynamically set initialization fields on a geometry collection ?

Possible example would be creating instanced actors with geometry collections and creating a anchor fields to go with them.

1 Like

this should do it

1 Like

Hi, could you please explain this more?
becuase this seems it’s gonna add that anchor field but where and how to control it?

I can confirm the above BP from nenko14 works. The last part where you add an initialization field to the geometry collection is the key. As for the anchor itself you can either manually place it inside the parent BP or adjust it accordingly in blueprints to suit your purposes. If you need the anchor to do something more specific you can use the “cast to” that’s already there or create a specific anchor BP that has the defaults you want.

Thanks for this tips !

Any tips if I want to modify the anchor field size, changing it via the “cast to” doesn’t work correctly, I don’t find the right way to change the size dynamically for now. The idea is to have a field at the same size of my Geometry Collection.

Unreal 5.2 Update :

"We’ve added a new way to dynamically set and remove anchors on a Geometry Collection. "
https://portal.productboard.com/epicgames/1-unreal-engine-public-roadmap/c/988-chaos-destruction

A little more explanation? I haven’t found anything so far. Help welcome :wink:

1 Like

would love information on this as well :confused: :slight_smile:

Any answers to this?

I’m currently use 5.2. How can I add or remove the anchor field?