Durin´s MOD Post

Hello everyone, Im new to making mods for ARK so i might start with showing myself here and say hi and take out my idea of my first mod im going to give a go. i have had some experience in the good old Hammer editor for HL but now i feel that i want something special for ARK.
My first Project is a visual box that can be opened with a key binding that allows you easy to use console commands without typing them. for example a easy button to make you fly or activate god mode and i were planing on adding so you can spawn in the items you need in to your own inventory as a start. now the big question if its possible to do it with the ARK Dev Kit? If any of you experience ark modders to give me some hints of how to do this i whole be relay happy as ARK is something me and my friends play allot and making this whole make the experience a bit more fun for the ones in the group that prefers building.

Very easy. Search “Tutorial” in the PrimalEarth folder to finder yourself a basic UI. Copy this into your mod folder. Now create a child of this copy in your mod folder. The child of the widget handles alternate information about it.

For the button pressing, you can use a child of PlayerController (remapped in I think TestGameMode, so you’ll need a TestGameMode_Child that’s referenced in your PrimalGameData_Child). In PlayerController_Child’s graph, just right click and press the key you want. Alternatively, you can use children of PlayerPawnTest (as well as Male/Female) for button pressing. There’s a tutorial somewhere here that shows how to open widgets as well as one for the Pawns.

From there you’ll have to learn how to execute commands through widgets. Woeful Macabre has a server admin UI mod, which I believe is exactly what you’re looking to create.