Duplicating part of spline component

I am trying to create a blueprint where I can specify a master spline path and create new splines that are only a certain portion of that master spline.

Ideally I would like to be able to specify where multiply sub-spline covers varying X% to Y% of the master spline.

This way I would be able to make use of it to have a general spline mesh component and have other spline mesh components covering only certain sections of it, without needing to manually edit new splines.

Using the Get Location and Tangent At Distance Along Spline, I figured I can achieve this. However I can’t seem to figure out how to further manipulate the tangent data obtained to create an exact copy of part of the spline.

For test purposes I’ve kept it simple where it will create a copy from {Ratio} to 1

This image shows that my blueprint is duplicating the green spline on top to the purple spline below, based on the ratio variable to determine where to duplicate from.

When setting ratio to 0.5, the curve does not seem to be working as I expected. Most likely I would need to manipulate both the start and end tangents of the new curve to achieve an exact copy but have not been able to figure out how yet =)

Any maths expert that can help out, I’ll greatly appreciate it =)

omg 2016 lol, hey bro if you are still there, have you found the formula for this, im trying the same, and yes the curves of the replicates are funny

i kinda found half of the solution

OMG I GUESS I FOUND IT