Dungeon Tamer - A Monster Taming RPG

Hey there, I wanted to share a work in progress of a new indie game project
Dungeon Tamer
Its a Monster Taming, Turn Based RPG set in a dark and mysterious world. You play a young sorcerer who has been task with helping humanity during a dark and trying time. Explore a vast world full of wonder, mystery and dread.

Here are some runes assets i made. More updates on creatures should be coming soon. Thank you for stopping by.

Looks good, but there’s not much there yet in your game it seems. I will be following it though. I’ve been playing with ideas for a monster tamer myself, but tbh it seems big in scope to make such a game :frowning:

Hi there Rebel, Yeah ive only showing a fraction of the art that has been made for the game. Currently there are 2 people working on the game. Myself and programmer. We have made a ton of progress with the battle system and are currently refining some key features.
Hopefully well have our first dev blog to show off alot more stuff. Its a bit tedious since where such a small team so were hunkered down on polish the vertical slice of the game.
Thank you so much for checking it out!

Hi, looks promising.
I like the idea of monsters taming, how will it looks like combat wise? Like a Kudelka turn based, or action?

If you need a music composer, don’t hesitate to ask me. :slight_smile: Altrough I can’t use my Symphonic library anymore due to the fact that my desktop pc is dead so I compose on my laptop (I can’t install it and anyways there isn’t enough space).

Action/Horror - YouTube

Hi there Sat0Ken, Dungeon tamer is a turn based rpg. The combat is heavily influence by JRPG gameplay. You typically have simple formation with a front and back row.
That’s a pretty unique reference with kudelka. I never even heard of the game, but It looks really interesting.
Ill be messaging you about the music comp soon. I really dig what you have.

A small update of the starting area. Still a work in progress. but once its completed. ill be sure to post a update. DT-Gif_9_18_21

1 Like

very cool!

Thank you! I appreciate the support.

1 Like

Big update on our battle system by Paul Huymaier. We made alot of progress on our inventory system as well. Will show off more down the line.

2 Likes

Hey there, Check out our latest update on our Early Access Demo. Its free for you to try out. We would really appreciate any feedback. Thanks
https://dreamerbelow.itch.io/dungeon-tamer

1 Like

Hey @DreamerBelow,

Would you happen to have a trailer that we can see? I’d love to learn more about your game :smiley:

PS: Happy New Year!

Sure thing. We released it last month. It’s still a work in progress. Dungeon Tamer Early Access Demo Trailer - YouTube

1 Like

Hey @DreamerBelow, your Dungeon Tamer Demo Trailer is fantastic! From the fantastical creatures to the expansive but lovely level design, “Dungeon Tamer” looks terrific! You and your team are creating such a unique RPG, and I will certainly be trying out the demo. :slight_smile:

This looks excellent. Well done.