Dungeon Architect

I’ve fixed the packaging error in the latest build and is uploaded to the website (2.8.2)

Version 2.8.2

• Fix: Fixed an error while packaging the project

I’ve sent a direct download link to the following users. Please PM me if you need website access:
@uced @NRF @Wisdom- @DrinkThisPotion @n00854180t @TheCouch @Gavin1969 @WKM-EL

[USER=“28980”][/USER] I tried the new Snap Map builder. The streaming part seems to work, wich is definitely interesting, but it seems to be as crashy as it was on the old version, or similar to that.
I tested in 4.17, im going to test in a custom build of 18 with a few changes.
The errors i got instantly were this ones.
First of all, LOTS of warnings due to static objects that were moved. This is a shame becouse light can only be built on static objects.
Changing the pawn and then ending the play in editor will crash it 10/10 times. The crash is in world.cpp becouse it does a pawn iterator (to delete pawns) and accesses a nullpointer. I will add a nullcheck on the custom build and see what happens.
When building the dungeon at runtime, it does a map check and gets you out of play in editor showing that map check. Play in editor is still there, but it kind of gets you out of it to get into the warning screen.
Ive crashed a couple times while exiting one chunk when it gets unloaded, yet another nullptr access inside the engine, also i will try to nullcheck that one on custom build.

Dear,

As always, thanks a lot for you lightning fast support, 2.8.2 fixed it for me :slight_smile:

Regards

Update on the tests.
By doing this source code change (in 4.18) ive been able to use the generator without crashing. Im going to try to use it on much more complicated and bigger cases, will return with results.

#line 2354 in World.cpp, function RemoveFromWorld
// Remove any pawns from the pawn list that are about to be streamed out
            for( FConstPawnIterator Iterator = GetPawnIterator(); Iterator; ++Iterator )
            {
                APawn* Pawn = Iterator->Get();
                if (Pawn == nullptr) { continue; } // add this line
                if (Pawn->IsInLevel(Level))
                {
                    RemovePawn(Pawn);
                    --Iterator;
                }

@

Is it possible for you to add similar functionality to DA: https://.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/discover-how-frogwares-city-generator-is-saving-valuable-time-during-development-of-the-sinking-city (making roads semi-manually, and then generating buildings around the roads)

Thank a lot for the update @ I’ll try it out, it might solve that nasty crash bug while removing streaming levels

Glad to hear . I liked what you did with your game in the past (saving dungeons, switching themes / builders etc). How’s it coming along?

Very interesting. It will probably be better as separate plugin (opensource maybe)

We can add this as a blueprint based marker emitter without modifying the code. do we have some good free medieval themed assets for a sample?

I’m having a hard time figuring out how to add light fixtures to walls. When I try to spawn lights together with a wall mesh, the lights sometimes are outside the map. Is there a way to get the “inside” side of a wall, so I can attach torches etc?

Hey,

Thanks a lot for remembering and asking :slight_smile:

I have fully remade my game and recently reintegrated DA in it. That was a lot of work but i’m very happy with the result.

It’s really shinning as you can see:

And since you asked^^, i made a very short video to show you how i manage DA UI-wise:

watch?v=KDjHAqoJyps

I’m currently not working on my DA related code because i have great difficulties to have steam work as i want, so that’s the struggle of the moment :slight_smile:

Next big step after steam will be to allow the players to manually paint dungeons, so i’ll have to see how it works, whether i can replicate and save that, etc.

Again, i can’t insist enough on how much i love and am impressed with the work you’ve done with DA.

By the way, as you are surely aware, a voxel plugin has recently been released on the MP, but i didn’t buy it yet, still impatiently hoping and waiting to see what Landscape Architect will become, i hope you’re still on it :wink:

I tried to make my own voxel engine, the same way i had tried to make my own dungeons before knowing about DA, technically it works but i do not have the skills you have to get some great and efficient results, so really waiting :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for all your work and the exceptionnal support you provide with it !

Seeing an issue in 4.18.1 on OSX.

I’ve built a 3D Wristmap for VR. Threw it in DA, connected it to the instanced system for performance, works great!

This is seriously incredible. I just purchased DA last night, and I have what I think is a rather odd goal for it. I want to use it to procedurally generate realistic looking top down maps of dungeons for my D&D group. My ultimate goal is to have maybe 10-12 themes that I can create (Fire dungeon, Icelands, , City/Village, Graveyard, etc) that (after the themes are set up) can be pretty speedily procedurally generated whenever the group heads to a new town or encounters a new dungeon/area.

I have pretty much no experience in ue4 (my only remotely close to comp sci experience is running pipelines using python), and so far I’ve only got the basics of making the theme, putting in walls and floors and rescaling, etc. so 's my question:

I saw for the unity based engine, there are premade themes you provide which look incredible (especially the interiors and graveyard ones)- are there premade themes for ue4 that are available in a download the assets and plug in the theme file kind of way?

Are there premade themes for DA in ue4 as there are in Unity? I have very little experience, and just bought this last night. I want to use it for something weird: battlemaps for my D&D group procedurally generated around the themes. I’m learning the basics of theme generation now (just got through room selection logic which is working nicely, (thanks for the tutorials!) but was hoping there are some ue4 versions of the unity templates I’ve seen (, Graveyard, etc) or something similar to get me up and running while I learn. Thanks for your time!

I’ve been trying to use the SnapMap and not having any success. I blocked out some simple levels with Snap Connection actors pointing outwards, enabled World Composition on all of them, avoiding for collision between modules, and only the first module is appearing. Is there any extra set up required to use this? Also, are their any features that aren’t supported (landscape, foliage, etc)?

Hello got a question @

Its possible to generate more house indoors like dungeons ? Like some kind of hall/corridor control the rest of the rooms layout, connected to this hall all of them ? Some kind of branches aswell can have rooms connected between rooms.

That is REALLY neat…! I would buy that UI…!

teak

work , thanks for sharing :slight_smile: I love your NPC selection UI and navigation. Looking forward to playing it :slight_smile:

@Pinworm Your Wristmap is looking great. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile: