Dungeon Architect

Lol its working. Received the payment in Paypal :smiley:

Thanks Warcabbit! You are my first customer ever :wink:

This should be part of UE4

Now supports 4.9 on Windows. Will test with mac soon

http://i.imgur.com/D1LQhr5h.jpg

Youā€™ll have to wait a day or 2 for my money to arrive in my spendy account xD

Grabbed it! Itā€™s been working quite well so far in my project, saved my programmer and I a ton of work! Just curious: has this version been updated at all from the beta that was released a few weeks ago? Is there a changelog anywhere if so?

Thanks!

@DerekSimProse Iā€™ve added better support for multiple dungeon editing within the same map, ability to create dungeons at different locations on the map, updated the volumes (so dungeons can be constraints within a certain bounds etc).

This was done using the multi story building demo as a reference

Iā€™ll include the change log in the downloads section with the next update.

Iā€™ll have 4.9 support by tomorrow

Justin, thatā€™s correct. The roof is added to the ground marker with an offset to move it up and rotate it by 180 degrees

Does this work on mobile(Android, iOS)? Runtime generation obviously wouldnā€™t work but would generated maps in the editor work on mobile?

Hi , an work . I have a question, could this system be used for create a ā€œcityā€?. For example, i have some modular building assets with interior and exterior. Could I use this for create a city in a given volume bounds for example.
I am just thinking all the uses that i can give to this tool :slight_smile:

Thats pretty darn clever, looks like it could save people a lot of time and give amazing results

I have been following this thread FOR MONTHSā€¦ I am tickled to death to see that it has gone to marketplace. If I can get my idea further alongā€¦ I too hope to be able to use this amazing tool.

Thank you for making thisā€¦ incredible addition to the engine.

I know that is can used to make buildings not sure about a city.

Showcased it a few posts back with a Building.

Thanks guys!

@Alexarg You canā€™t build cities with this. Youā€™ll need a specialized city builder like this:

http://i.imgur.com/krEUel8m.jpg http://i.imgur.com/U9UkDvUm.jpg
(Source: Subversion City Generator)

Iā€™ve been reading this paper that the author of the above generator used. It should be possible to build some interactive tooling around the algorithm in the UE4 editor

So question - Are you actively looking into building a city generator that works with Dungeon Architect?

If so I Would throw money at the screen so fast :smiley:

Iā€™d love to but I havenā€™t committed on it yet :slight_smile: I have some old unfinished games I want to push out soon. If I do make one, the city generator would come with a default building generator which could be swappable with other building generators (e.g. from other developers in the marketplace, or dungeon architect etc)

Ordered my copy :smiley:

Iā€™ll be showing off some of what Iā€™ve built pretty soon, I love what Iā€™ve been able to make with it.

Thank you @n00854180t

Iā€™d love to see what you have made. Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone for your support. Iā€™ve uploaded a new build (1.29) with 4.9 support and you should be able to download it from the ā€œMy Accountā€ section under Available downloads

Two questions:

1. When should we be using the ā€˜instancedā€™ option vs not using it? The feature is not specifically mentioned in the docs but enabling it seems to make things go much faster and cleaner

2. For a run-time procedurally generated dungeon, what is your preferred method for setting a player start point / dungeon entry point? I didnā€™t see this mentioned in the docs either but I might have just missed it.

Thanks, the plugin is impressive!

Instanced meshes run slow in mobile. I havenā€™t profiled fully but my initial observations are due to lack of culling. Entire instanced level geometry is pushed to the gpu. I might be wrong. Iā€™ll check more on this.
If your are going for a non mobile platform, definatly try out instanced mesh.

Iā€™m working on better documentation and will update soon

As for player start, you can have a look at the runtime dungeon demo (in the quick start guide ). You can query the dungeon model for a valid location in blueprints dungeon post build event. You can also do complex stuff by traversing the minimum spanning tree graph available in the dugeon model to find furthest points in the dugeon for entrance exit. Thatā€™s not exposed to blueprints yet. I can expose it if you want