Duke's Free Heightmaps

we love your height maps I pm you we like a United King Island map real size

Will you be making anymore of these height maps matey.

i like how the guy comes in here drops a couple of heightmaps and leaves everybody hanging on the materials. 2 pages worth of questions and not ONE reply from this duke guy

1 Like

It’s exactly what it says in the title: “free heightmaps” - not ‘game-ready landscapes with materials’.
You will have to put some work into it.

1 Like

Good heightmaps , but aren’t these too big to import and use with world composition?

Hi, it’s 2021 and these maps I made in 2016 finally seem to be popular! For those requesting access to the files, I updated my google drive to allow downloading of all the files so now the links will work just like they did before the google security update.

I stopped modding for ARK in 2016 so sorry I can’t be any more help. Best I can explain is that materials for the Unreal maps in ARK exist as layers already setup in the SDK. These map downloads include a height map to create the terrain as well as the alpha maps (png file) for each of the landscape material layers showing where each landscape material should appear. CattyWampus did an excellent tutorial video above so make sure to watch :slight_smile: Enjoy and use the maps freely.

Will you ever be adding more of these brilliant heightmaps or is the software dead. Please make more as I cannot afford to buy the software as I am not working at present.