Drop Egg on Kill Dino

Hey Guys,

I’m pretty new to modding in Ark, so I’m not entirely sure what I’m doing, but I’ve created a mod that adds a tamable version of a non-tamable creature in Ark. However, I’m trying to figure out the taming method. What I want to do is, when you kill it, either it will drop a fertilized egg from the dino’s inventory OR it will drop the fertilized egg into the world right on the spot that the dino was killed.

I’ve tried using the “CreateCloneFertilizedEgg” function, but maybe I’m not really doing something right? I dug around in the Spawn Nest Egg function, as there would be some similarities there, but nothing I’ve tried has worked so far. Let me know how I can do this! Anything would be appreciated!

Thanks!

This has been on my to-do list also… just sharing some initial thoughts:

• probably need to create a spawnable item blueprint that will become a loot table possible entry on the death of the creature
  • the spawnable item will use a fertilized egg blueprint
  • probably worth looking at how wyvern egg nests are spawned into the world, and how the eggs are spawned in them… and copy and modify those blueprints

Figure I’ll do some tinkering on this too, since I’ve been meaning to do this for my Realism Plus mod for ages. So why not collaborate on it and do a HOWTO.

From memory you will want to run the event on the server and it should work.

Hope that helps, otherwise reference otherwise reference the graphs on the wyvern.